The North American Blueberry Council (NABC) released the full slate of its recently elected board of directors, including new president Pat Goin of Goin’s Blueberry Lane in Indiana, and other board officers. Starting in 2023, the board has been expanded from six to 15 members, several of which hail from California. Among the new Board members is Todd Sanders, Executive Director of the California Blueberry Commission. “I am excited to join the NABC Board of Directors and help with the continued promotion and market development of the blueberry industry. The California blueberry industry has grown exponentially over the last 10 years and I look forward to representing the California blueberry industry in their efforts on the National level.”
The NABC board is charged with addressing issues, opportunities and industry practices that drive success and profitability in the production and distribution of blueberries in North America and around the world. Over the past two years, the NABC’s board leadership has taken a bold approach to further develop and drive the organization’s mission, including the expansion of board representation and new categories of membership to encourage membership growth.
Prior to her tenure as NABC board president, Goin served as vice chair of the board and chair of the NABC’s Government Affairs Committee. She was also the chair of the U.S. Highbush Blueberry Council’s (USHBC) Good Practices Committee.
“NABC continues to be uniquely positioned to unite our industry efforts,” explained Goin. “I look forward to working with our newly expanded board to accomplish together what none of us could accomplish alone. This is an exciting evolution for our organization, and I’m proud to be a part of where we are going.”
In addition to Goin, the 2023 executive board includes:
• Ellie Norris, Secretary, Norris Farms LLC
• Art Galletta, Treasurer, Atlantic Blueberry Co.
• Ken Patterson, Past Chair, Island Grove LLC
• Chelsea Consalo, Consalo Family Farms
• David Jackson, Family Tree Farms
• Brittany Lee, Florida Blue Farms
• Jason Smith, Fraser Berry Farms
• Cesar Ortiz Mendoza, Aba Value/Berries Paradise
• Bo Slack, California Giant Berry Farms
• Ryan Lockman, North Bay Produce
• Derek Eisele, Scenic Fruit
• Todd Sanders, California Blueberry Commission